- Name of the project: ALTA (Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association)
- Client: Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA) Inc. https://www.altatennis.org/
- Project type: Data driven web portal
- Started: October, 2019
- Project stage (when we took it over): Operataional mature system
- Used technologies: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, Reporting Services, HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap
- Current state: Fully operational, maintained and supported by us
ALTA (Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association)
This is a custom project developed for Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA) Inc. (Georgia, USA). The ALTA system is a web platform which has public and private (members only) areas.
The private area (members only) consists of two portal – Member portal and Manage portal. The Member portal offers all ALTA members access to their teams where they can see the scheduling, the division standings, the team availability, etc. The Manage portal offers ALTA power users the capability to manage the leagues and scheduled dates, the rules, the calendar and events, to run various reports, etc.
This is a complex system which has many thousands users supporting complex rules and storing a lot of information. The website has a responsive design and can be used from any device (either mobile or desktop) with just a regular web browser and internet connection.
In this project we had to deal with various challenges like understanding and working with the CSLA framework, making changes in a live system used by thousand users, implementing and changing complex set of rules related to the unique requirements of the different tennis leagues, etc.